At OWIFM we take your health seriously. We provide leading edge analysis of your health concerns.
These tests will help answer those questions.
There are three tests to fully assess your cardiac status and your risk.
1. Blood tests that go beyond the usual limited lipid panel. These are state of the art lab tests that fully assess your situation. These include:
- Oxidized LDL – which is “rancid LDL”, the real cause of inflammation and hence the hardening process;
- LpPLA2 – a measure of how much inflammation you have in your arteries, which is reacting to the
- Anti-Myeloperoxidase – a test that analyzes for ulceration of the inner wall of the arteries;
- Micro alb creat ratio – another measure of the level of inflammation in the arteries;
- Pro-BNP – the how-happy is your heart test -measures how stressed your heart muscles are;
- Berkeley Heart Lab Panel. This panel is a highly sophisticated, scientific, real world, leading edge analysis of ALL your lipid numbers (providing more than 12 numbers vs the usual 4). It also analyzes 5 genetic tests that predict your risk, as well as guides therapy.
All of these lab tests are drawn in office or Labcorp, billed to Insurance.)
2. Coronary Artery Calcium Score (AKA “CAC Score”). This is a CT scan of your heart, measuring the amount of calcium (or hardening or Hard plaque) in your coronary arteries. This test tells you right now whether you have the Disease of Atherosclerosis or hardening of the arteries. And the Total Cholesterol does not.
(Scheduled appointment through outside third party. Not covered by Insurance. Cost $100.)
Carotid Intimal Scan by Ultrasound. This is an Ultrasound test that actually measures the layer of inflammation in your arteries, that leads to hardening. If this area is thickened and inflamed with soft plaque, you are on your way to hardening. This test predicts if you are likely to harden your arteries. (Performed in Office, billed to Insurance.)